Friday, October 24, 2008

Busy Life, New Job

You know how busy life gets?

Sometimes one day just flows into another, and another, and the next thing you know - a week has gone by. Where did that week go?

That's what happened to me.

I have been looking for a part time job. Easy, right? Well, not when you can only work 8:00am - 2:00pm, Monday - Friday, no nights or weekends. Harder, right?

Also, my last three places of employment are no longer there (a retail store closed, a bank merged, and an insurance company dissolved), so there are no work references to verify employment! AND I haven't had a job for almost six years! Impossible, right?

Well, a pharmacy posted a job opening in the window, Tues thru Thurs, from 9:00am to 1:00pm. I filled out an application, had an interview, was hired on the spot, and started the next day. That has never happened to me before. Mind-boggling, really.

It is a brand new position that may develop into five days Mon thru Fri - this job must have been sent from above just for me! It's office work, not floor work - which is perfect.

So, wish me well in my new job!

Christine

1 comment:

Joan Reeves said...

Congratulations, Christine! Hope you love your new job.