Thursday, October 9, 2008

Interests

Today I'll talk about my interests, so that you can see if we share common ground.
  • I like to write, especially children's stories. I am a member of a writing group. For a period of time I became the facilitator of their "Writing for Children/YA (young adults)" group. There were only a few of us, so we merged with the fiction/nonfiction group. Some of my stories have been published in their monthly newsletter.

  • I like to sing. I have enjoyed singing all my life, in choirs, choruses, a band, and to sound tracks, recently in nursing homes. I also belong to a group called the "Wanna Be's". We sing to sound tracks to raise money for local charities.

  • I am a Reiki II practitioner. Reiki is a hands-on energy healing which I give to my family and friends. In order to have a practice in my state, I would have to be a licensed massage therapist, which I am not. I can, however, send Distance Reiki to anyone who asks.

  • I enjoy metaphysical subjects and have studied in Metaphysical Science. I would like to pursue this more.

  • I love family. I have a son, daughter-in-law, an eight-year-old grandson, and two step-sons. My husband has only one brother. He is married and has two children and two grandchildren. We all get together most Saturdays for supper at either my sister-in-law's or my house. I have a mom and dad in their eighties, three brothers, and three sisters. I think when we counted everyone, there were 32 of us!

Well, I guess that's enough for now. Let me know what your interests are.

Christine

No comments: